LET’S PUT THE ORDER OF THE EASTERN STAR BACK IN OUR COMMUNITIES!!!
Let the work begin. Each month, please take an item off of this list and complete. Some of the tasks you are already doing, and I thank you for that. When we engage in these community service projects, let’s wear our O.E.S. shirts or hats so people can identify that we are O.E.S. Sisters and Brothers.
- Donate school supplies to teachers – this can be done anytime during the school year.
- Take a senior citizen out to lunch.
- Visit a nursing home and enjoy fun things with them; enjoying music, games or read to them.
- Give Valentine Day Cards with a box of cookies for everyone to share to a Day Care. Sign cards with your Chapter’s name and write out Order of the Eastern Star of VA, P.H.A.
- Take a child to a baseball/football game.
- Donate toys to a Children’s Unit in the Hospital.
- Have a Chapter/District picnic and invite the neighbors.
- Volunteer to feed the homeless.
- Give book scholarships for college students/Scholarship to help students pay for school.
November – Thanksgiving food baskets to a family in need.
December – Christmas Cards to veterans. Sign cards with your Chapter’s name and write out Order of the Eastern Star of VA, P.H.A. Some hospitals will let you set up a table so you can personally give small gifts or cards to the veterans.
May – Help a struggling parent of a High School Senior with the cost of prom night. Such as the cost of hair salon/barbershop, money toward an outfit or whatever the need is (male or female).
Let’s see how many of these you can do by June of 2019. E-mail me and let me know how your Chapter is doing. Take pictures and bring to Grand Session so we can put them on display.
THE BEST WAY
TO FIND YOURSELF
IS TO LOSE
YOURSELF IN THE
SERVICE OF OTHERS
I thank you all for your support and contribution
G. Sylvia Jackson
Grand Worthy Matron